|Rōmaji||hoēru no mōzesu|
|Saint Seiya Anime||Episode 24
|Japanese Seiyū||Kōji Totani|
Hidehiko Kaneko (Hades)
Moses was sent to Japan in a group consisting of Eagle Marin, Hound Asterion, Centaurus Babel and Lizard Misty, to execute the Bronze Saints. After Misty tried to bury the Bronze Saints in an avalanche on Mount Fuji, they each chased after a Saint. but due to the intervention of Aries Mu they chased after and killed the Black Saints instead. Believing they were the Bronze Saints, they were buried and the Silver Saints left for Sanctuary. But as both Misty and later Babel didn't come after them, they suspected something had happened and returned to Japan. There they found their comrades lying dead on the same beach they thought they had buried the Bronze Saints.Asterion immediately turned to Marin, since she were the one who was supposed to kill Pegasus Seiya. The Eagle saint didn't say anything, so Asterion used his Telepathic powers and read her mind, thus he found out the whole story. While Mozes started attacking her, Asterion read her mind and directed his moves. In a short while they had outnumbered her, and tied her upside down to a pole out i nthe sea. They were hoping to attract the Pegasus Saint this way, which it did. They started their battle with the same combination as with Marin, and when it seemed like they were winning the tides changed. Asterion, having claimed that Marin might be Seiya's sister, had now ignited Seiya's cosmo. The Pegasus Saint sprouted what seemed like wings, and defeated Moses in a short time.
Chronology (OAVs Hades)Edit
In the Hades arc adaptation in the Anime, Moses had been resurrected by Hades and went with Misty and Babel to Siberia were Hyoga was. They tried to defeat him but was easily overpowerd by Hyoga's chilly ice. Yet as they lay there dying among the ice, they entrusted Athena to his care.
Although Moses' resurrection is clearly depicted in the anime as a minor addition to the manga plot, Kurumada only hinted it in his manga, with the opened tombs of deceased Silver Saints.
Main Article: Whale Cloth
Predecessor and successorEdit
Main Article: Whale Menkar
- In the manga & anime, he is known as Kaitos Mozes. Kaitos is the original Greek form of the word Cetus, which means whale.
- Moses is the only Silver Saint whose Black Saint equivalent was drawn by Masami Kurumada in his manga. He appeared briefly in a panel of vol.5 of the manga and was killed by Phoenix Ikki.
- When Masami Kurumada introduced Mozes in vol.5 of his manga, he appeared walking, parting the waters of the sea, in Enoshima beach, as a reference to the biblical Moses.[
- The name Mozes comes from the biblical persona, who led his people out of Egypt. Moses had to split the Red Sea to cross, which Whale Mozes did similar when he arrived at the beach. His name is romanized as Mozes because in the manga Kurumada always spelled it: モーゼス (Mozes)
- Saint Seiya Vol. 5
- Saint Seiya Vol. 6
- Saint Seiya Vol. 13
- Saint Seiya Official Encyclopedia
- Saint Seiya Hades Chapter: Sanctuary OVA Episode 4