|Date of birth||January 27|
|Star||Terrestrial Charmed Star|
|Secret moves||Ugly Eruption
Silky Thread Fairy Thronging
|First appearance||manga: chapter 73, vol.20
Myu was one of the 17 specters sent to the Sanctuary to keep tabs on the revived Saints, and kill every saint they encountered. As they lost the trail of Saga, Shura and Camus, they did not know what to do. When Aries Mu appeared, Myu paralyzed him with his telekinetic powers. Yet as the other Specters started beating an answer out of Mu, the Papillon announced that he wanted to battle the Aries Saint. As Papillon revealed himself, he was nothing more than a pile of slime, which Mu noted. The Saint destroyed the mucus with ease, but something else erupted from it. Papillon was now some sort of larva, and immediately spun a web around Mu so that he could not move. The Aries Saint lost his consciousness, and Myu got time to pull through his third metamorphosis.
Myu knew Aries Mu would escape his Silky Thread, since he after all had wanted to battle with him. As he broke out of his cocoon, he had now evolved into his Specter form. As their battle started, Papillon tested Mu by using his Psychokinesis and throwing some pillars at him. The Saint deflected them with ease and started using his powers to paralyze the Specter and throwing him around the temple. He finally started making him spin very fast to make him die of the force. Yet Myu attacked with his Fairy Thronging and trapped Mu, but before he could finish him of, the Saint teleported.Myu's Fairies tracked down the Saint's position and attacked with full force, but Mu dodged by teleporting again. Myu didn't know why didn't Mu escape to further locations. As Papillon found him again he was about to unleash his full force on the Saint, but found himself trapped in Mu's Crystal Net. Mu talked with Myu. Mu said that if he did the attack, Myu was the one who would be dead. Myu then didn't hesitate and attacked with his fairies only to find them stuck to the Crystal net as well during the time of talking. Aries Mu used his Starlight Extinction and sent the Papillon to his death. Even so, after Myu's demise, a fairy had survived and kept tab on the Revived Saints.
The Lost Canvas Edit
Name, Surplice and StarEdit
- Papillon Surplice
Myu's surplice is based on a butterfly; "papillon" is French for butterfly. In many world legends, butterflies are associated with the souls of the dead and with resurrection.
- The Terrestrial Charmed Star
The Charmed star is originally derivered of the character Du Qian, from the Water Margin story. The Terrestrial Charm Star's kanji when pronounced in Japanese intentionally resembles the Japanese pronunciation of the word Butterfly.
- In the anime, Pegasus Seiya was with Mu as he first encountered Papillon Myu. But Seiya was allowed to go through leaving them for their battle.
- In the anime, some of Myu's Psychokinetic power was heavily reduced for unknown reasons.
- Myu was the one who revealed that the Specters were previously normal beings with the Spectral Souls sleeping inside of them, and that they have been chosen by Hades since the age of myth, and reborn every time he returns. When Athena's seal broke, they were awakened. This made Mu discover the weakness of Specters: fearing death. Mu asked how did the ghost from hell fear death? And Myu's answer mentioned that the Specters were normal beings not like the resurrected-coward Gold Saints as well as mentioned about the act of returning for the Gold Saints was caused by the fearing of death. Since in fact the Gold Saints had never feared the death itself, it was the Specters who had the power of immune to death, fearing death.
- Myu is easily the Specter with the most powerful Psychokinesis, rivaling even those of Mu's the Saint with the strongest Psychokinesis.
- The original script for that remaining fairy which surviving the Starlight Extinction attack is actually all about the describing of the resurrection of Myu and the other specters. They cannot be revived due to the termination from Shaka's beads.
- Saint Seiya Vol. 20, by Masami Kurumada.
- Saint Seiya Official Encyclopedia
|Celestial Star Specters||Acheron Charon • Alraune Queen • Balron Lune • Basilisk Sylphid • Behemoth Violate • Bennu Kagaho • Deadly Beetle Stand • Dryad Luco • Garuda Aiacos • Genbu Gregor • Golem Rock • Griffon Minos • Hanuman Tokusa • Harpy Valentine • Lycaon Phlegyas • Mandrake Fyodor • Mephistopheles Yōma • Minotauros Gordon • Nasu Veronica • Necromancer Byaku • Sphinx Pharaoh • Troll Ivan • Wyvern Rhadamanthys|
|Terrestrial Star Specters||Bat Wimber • Cait Sith Cheshire • Cyclops Gigant • Deep Niobe • Dullahan Cube • Elf Mills • Frog Zelos • Gorgon Ox • Papillon Myu • Sylph Edward • Worm Raimi|
|Deities||Hades • Hypnos • Thanatos|
|Other characters||Cerberus • Lyra Orphée • Owl Partita • Pandora|
|Other||Skeletons • Skeleton Markino|