Character of the official sequel of the classic series Saint Seiya: Next Dimension. At the time of myth, to the sanctuary of Athena, between the house of Sagittarius and the Scorpion, there was that of Ophiuchus, guarded by the Gold Saint of Ophiuchus, who was considered the best among the 13 gold saint, and had even power to heal all kinds of wounds and diseases.
The Ophiuchus Gold Saint is a Saint who has reached an almost divine power, which is why the gods have punished it and sealed it away. According to Shijima and Cardinale, this saint is since dead.
It is revealed that his name is Odysseus.
Odysseus is the reincarnation of Asclepius of Ophiuchus, the 13th gold saint mythological era which was the most powerful of the 88 saints of the goddess Athena.
Ofiuco's house has two enormous Stone Snakes in entrance, this temple is gigantic, much larger than the other 12 houses of the Zodiac of the Sanctuary of Athena.
Odeysseus had died saving a young Dohko and Shion from falling debris and magma during a volcanic eruption. He has since been resurected to "kill" Athena.
He has silver hair, wears blue and red eyeshadow. His eyes are green in their regular shape, but turns yellow or red and his pupils changes into an enlongated lines with a severe stare. Odysseus has returned to life in the eighteenth century.
According to Gemini Abel and Odysseus himself, he does not have any offensive attacks, as his duty is to heal not harm.
- Healing Waves: Ophiuchus can have waves are sent from the Ophiuchus Temple that heal all within its area of effect. It also causes all those in the area to fall asleep.
- Order of Awakening: Ophiuchus can have anyone within the healing waves area awake at his command. in addition, he also lift this order if he so chooses, making the person go back to sleep.
- Past Injuries: Ophiuchus can have his opponent suffer the pain of any injury that they have sustained in the past as if it just happened.
- The name of Odysseus derives from the famous poem of the Odyssey.
- In mythology Asclepius is the god of Medicine and Snakes
- The Totem of the Gold Cloth of Ophiuchus represents the Buddha Naga which has a double meaning of "Fear" and "Hope".