Merak Beta Hägen (ベータ星メラクのハーゲン, Bēta-sei Meraku no Hāgen) is one of the seven Gods Warriors of Asgard. This character appears only in the anime adaptation of Saint Seiya.
Hägen is a young noble friend Freya's childhood, and the best friend of Siegfried. In his youth he showed a marked preference for Freya, what makes you think that he loved her. He trained in a deep lava cave where it was proposed to be the strongest warrior to protect his beloved. However, upon learning that Freya had left Asgard with Hyoga, he flew into a rage and chased the Knight of the Swan, in an apparent fit of jealousy. During the fight between the two, Hagen, led to the cavern Hyōga training in which the unbearable heat of the lava weakened Hyōga who was about to be defeated. Freya's arrival prevented Hagen from trhowing Hyōga the magma body. A jealous Hägen, noting Freya's preference for Hyōga, did not hesitate to attack him with all his might. Hyōga, furious at his cowardly attitude, killed Hagen with his Aurora execution. Freya, after waking up and realize what happened, wept bitterly the departure of her friend.
Power and abilities
Mighty warrior of Asgard. Along with Siegfried and Syd, Hagen forms the line of the three strongest warrior gods. Dominates both the cold as heat:
- Force Frost Universe Freezing (ユニバース・フリージング, Yunibāsu Furījingu, "Universe Freezing"): It has three variations;
- Variation 1 - A large mass of cold air going toward your opponent, that freezes quickly.
- Variation 2 - A blizzard that is directed towards the opponent, freezing him up inside. The cold flushes used by Hagen come down near absolute 0. This scam quickly breaks defenses such as walls or spheres of the cosmos.
- Variation 3 - Rays of ice, which are capable of freezing fire. If the opponent is frozen, it is impossible to break the ice.
- Great Ardent Pressure (グレート・アーデント・プレッシャー, Gurēto Ādento Puresshā): It has two variants;
- Variation 1 - Power of the flames which, coupled with extreme heat, quickly overwhelms the opponent. This flame can defrost anything.
- Variation 2 - Hagen makes huge flames go out of his wrist and go directly to the opponent, causing his soul to burn.
- Hagen shares his name with a character from Richard Wagner's Ring Cycle; in the opera, Hagen is the half-human son of the dwarf king Alberich, the creator of the Nibelungen Ring. Hagen ultimately murders the hero of the saga, Siegfried, striking the hero in the shoulder blade with a spear. Interestingly, another member of the God Warriors is named Siegfried.
| God Warriors of Odin|
|Representatives of Odin|
(Gothi and Terrene Agent)
|Drbal • Hilda • Andreas Lise|
|Protectors of Asgard||Frey • Asgardian soldiers|
(Heated Battle of the Gods)
|Heimdall Drbal • Fenrir Loki • Midgardson Midgard • Þrymr Rung • Surtr Ullr|
(Asgard arc, anime-only)
|Dubhe Alpha Siegfried • Merak Beta Hägen • Phecda Gamma Thor • Megrez Delta Alberich • Alioth Epsilon Fenrir • Alcor Zeta Bud • Mizar Zeta Syd • Benetnasch Eta Mime|
(Soul of Gold)
|Gullinbursti Fróði • Níðhöggr Fafner • Tanngrisnir Heracles • Eikþyrnir Surt • Grani Sigmund • Hræsvelgr Baldr • Garmr Útgarðar|
|Affiliates||Freya • Freya • Lyfia|
|Locations||Asgard • Valhalla Palace • Yggdrasill|